Wednesday

courage

Evening Courage Cougars

The hardest bit of today's session was getting to the gym - I was so fed up and stressed & if it hadn't been that I really wanted to train and the super cool offer of training in UWE's performance gym alone, I don't think I'd have made it.

I work a full time job, a part time job, study a post-graduate degree in my own time, lift 3 times a week, ride, workout, and a run a house etc etc. Some days just making training a priority is at the cost of something else.

Anyway, we made it. So what did we do? In light of my epic stress out, my coach/bf decided to do a short hour session with just 3 parts.

We started with squats and that made them really easy

We went onto snatch exercises, which went well

We finished with some power cleans, which were OK but showed we need to do a little technique work there too.

All in all, my squats were easy, my snatch turn over sped up and I enjoyed being in a room surrounded by mirrors, so I'd say it was a win.

This link will magic you to a place where snatch turn overs are fast...

Now to spend the last 10 minutes of my night cramming in assignment work...oh wait, I need to make lunch for tomorrow. SIGH.

fighting time x

No comments:

Post a Comment